Sunday, April 13, 2008

John 6 44-59

JN 44-59


Jesus said to the crowds:
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him,
and I will raise him on the last day.
It is written in the prophets:
“They shall all be taught by God.”
Everyone who listens to my Father and learns from him comes to me.
Not that anyone has seen the Father
except the one who is from God;
he has seen the Father.
Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever believes has eternal life.
I am the bread of life.
Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died;
this is the bread that comes down from heaven
so that one may eat it and not die.
I am the living bread that came down from heaven;
whoever eats this bread will live forever;
and the bread that I will give
is my Flesh for the life of the world.”
The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying,
“How can this man give us his Flesh to eat?” Jesus said to them,
“Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink his Blood,
you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood
has eternal life,
and I will raise him on the last day.
For my Flesh is true food,
and my Blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood
remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me
and I have life because of the Father,
so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.
This is the bread that came down from heaven.
Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died,
whoever eats this bread will live forever.”
These things he said while teaching in the
synagogue in Capernaum.


The Father has given his Son everything.
And He has given his Son to us.
“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.”
Perfect man and perfect God, He brought the kingdom of God to earth, showed and taught man how to live. how to love, showed man the truth about God.
We rejected him because sin had power over us, though we thought we were in power. He came to announce power means nothing, money means nothing, all our knowledge comes to nothing, love means everything and little children are the wisest of us all.
We killed him to hold on to our power, sin killed him, as was God’s plan. Christ received all sin, drew all the power of sin to himself, and died, taking sin with him into death.
God bled, His blood was poured out into the world; forever sanctifying it, His flesh was sealed in the tomb, in the earth, dead. Totally given over to the power of sin and death and men and the world.
But he rose out of the earth by the power of the Godhead. A new Creation, risen Flesh and Blood, risen Word.
“On the night he was betrayed (Catholic liturgy)” and in the synagogue at Capernaum He commanded us to eat his flesh, his body and drink his blood in remembrance, to make ever present the reality of his sacrifice, and we read his Word, we read Him also to make him ever present. To feed us, our hearts, minds souls, spirits and our blessed bodies as well.
He rose to become divinity and risen humanity in one, sanctifying us and all creation, taking away sin, we need only let it go, love Him and we will be like him one day, risen humanity.
He is God personified, incarnated, and man divinified,, risen from the dead and immortal.
He is ALL. All mankind, all creation, all knowledge and all the Father is in Christ. “The Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
And Christ is the Father’s gift to us, for us, in us,
The perfect gift from the Father, the full revelation and presentation of the Godhead, and the full recreation of humanity, through the risen humanity and personified divinity of Christ, mankind has, by loving Christ, complete and utter communion with God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, though we see as in a glass darkly now, “What we will be is not known, only that we will be like Him.(1John)”
“The bread that I will give is my Flesh for the life of the world.” The world. Not just Christians or believers or men; the world, all creation, all life is recreated by the incarnation of Christ. The central point of all time, all space, all creation, is Christ Jesus our Lord, All those made in the image of God are beckoned by the Father to come to Christ.
Yes, that would be you, every last one of you. Let no one exclude you. The Father draws everyone to the Son, in many and various ways, for He is God and nothing is impossible for Him, his ways are not our ways and no one, no denomination, church, religion, culture, nation can contain all the ways of God. No matter what you conceive God to be, He is greater, more loving, more powerful than you believe. It is called infinite.

They thought him mad. They said he had a demon, same thing.
All the war and persecution and hypocricy and games of power and manipulation and murder and greed and every evil thing done in his name, this is madness. The man/God who taught radical love and radical peace and loved children so much, He forgives, but he weeps.

No comments: