Thursday, October 11, 2007

So Sad

So Sad


It seems I don’t know how not to be sad
I learned it so well, its apart of me now.
Sadness is my response to most anything.
Its the one emotion I can count on,
the only one not ridiculed by the voices in my mind
(or the people in my memory)
or second-guessed by my heart.
I sometimes cherish my sadness
as the only true emotion I know.
Anger is evil, happiness unreal
and love is impossible but
Sadness will never let you down.
You can’t go wrong being sad.
There is always reason to be sad,
even if its just about the past.
You probably won’t hear
“its dumb to feel sad”
or “you’re gonna regret being sad”
and you won’t be disapointed with sadness, either.
If you’re sad you’re ready to hurt
and you don’t have far to fall.
And when the hurt is gone
you don’t have so far to come to be sad again.
It takes a lot less energy to be sad
You will probably be known
as compassionate
by those who don’t know you well.
Yes, there’s alot to be said for being sad.

Happiness is overated, peace is best, thats what Jesus gave his disciples, do not be afraid is the most common phrase in the Bible, and acceptance of reality is imperative.

No comments: