Monday, October 22, 2007

Sodden

There’s a hole in my heart where the rain comes in
Blue skies or gray it pours in like sin
There’s a hole in my soul where their eyes bore in
Pouring judgment on me until they win
My sodden heart breaks at the seams
And my laden soul cracks at the beams
My God My God I can’t bear the weight
My Lord My Lord I can’t stand the wait.
What have I done
But try to follow you
Sweet Jesus you know I’ve ached to be true.
But here I am
Broken and torn
Sodden and saddened
Beaten and worn.
And still it rains and bores and pours in on me.
I am left on the cross street for all to see.
There he goes, that’s the one
Hell I wish I had my gun
Stares and sneers and a deadly remark
And now I lay alone in the dark
I did not shield myself from anything
Wore my soul on my sleeve, everything.
I did it all for love, did it all for You
So to hell with them, I have been true.
Yes, I’m broken in every way
Yet I live to cry another day.
Sodden, I know all that they say.
Beaten, yes, but just for today
I rise, I walk. I face the fray.
I love You still,
I come to do Your Will.

No comments: