Sunday, January 6, 2008

I Asked

I asked
Is there love?
I have dreamed of love
For a very long time.
Reached out for it
And it slipped away.
Yet I went on dreaming.
Have I dreamed of you
Just these past few days
Or was it you I have been dreaming of
All my life?
How is it you have stepped
Into my life
And in a heartbeat filled me up?
How is it I seem to know you
Like no other
Without ever holding your hand?
Like you were a dream.
Did you appear out of nowhere
To capture my heart and soul,
Or have you been with me forever?
Excuse me if I seem confused,
You heart fits so neatly next to mine,
Our thoughts so often one,
It seems I must have known you
All my life.
But then I wouldn’t have been so lonely.
Was it you I looked for when
I was alone in the crowd?
Was it you I waited up for
All those nights I couldn’t sleep?
No matter, you are here now
And I am happy.
Whatever dreams you come from,
You are now very real
And there is love.

No comments: